This privacy statement was last updated on April 28, 2021 and applies to citizens of the United Kingdom.
This notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.tradedecoratorlive.co.uk
Phoenix Media Solutions Ltd is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice.)
If you need to email us about anything in this privacy notice, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at 18 Lower Makinson Fold, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PD.
If any of your personal information changes (e.g. when you change your email address, move address or name because you get married – in which case congratulations!) Please email us at the above email address and let us know how it has changed. From time to time we may email you to confirm that the information we hold for you is accurate and up to date.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the electoral register based inside the EU.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following data about you:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your Business name
- Any data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the device you use to access our website.
- Any other information which you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise, such as when entering our competitions.
4. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DATA
We will use your data in order to:
- Enter you into the competition.
- Forward your details to our competition partner.
- Register you for our virtual and physical events
- Send you our e-Newsletter
- Send you marketing communications where we are allowed by law to do so.
- Monitor the use of our website and online services.
- Keep records of communications.
- Analyse your use of our website and other online services.
- Administer and protect our business and website.
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you.
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority.
- Manage our business.
5. OUR LAWFUL GROUND OF PROCESSING
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulations, we are only legally able to process your personal data if we have a lawful ground for doing so.
Our lawful grounds of processing are:
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you entered our competition that we process in order to enter you in to the draw, reply and keep records of this, you have given consent to the processing for the purpose of entering the competition and it our legitimate interests to reply to your communication and keep records for our business.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained on behalf of a third party (our competition or event partner), you have given consent for this to be passed to our partner for fulfilment of the prize should you win and to send you marketing communications where they are allowed by law to do so. It is their legitimate interest to send you marketing communications, reply to your communication and to keep records for their business.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you registered for our virtual event or exhibition that we process in order to sign you up for the event, reply and keep records of this, you have given consent to the processing for the purpose of attending the event and it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed about the event, reply to your communication and keep records for our business.
- In relation to Marketing Data that we have obtained when you told us your marketing preferences, when you consented to us sending you our e-Newsletter, for the purpose of us sending you marketing communications, enabling you to take part in our competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of this advertising, the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and end users, use our products/ services, to develop them to grow our business and to develop our marketing strategy.
- In relation to user data that we have obtained through cookies on our website or other online services that we have developed for the purpose of operating our website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security of our website, maintaining back-ups of our website and /or database and to enable publication and administration of our website other online services and business. The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- In relation to user data that we have obtained about you during the add listing process on our site. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, IP address, email address, phone number, address, locations details including GPS co-ordinates and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of adding your business/personal listings. Handling this data also allows us to:
– Display this information in a public facing manner (such as a web page or API request) and allow website users to search and view submitted listing information.
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Provide a way for users to contact your listing via the provided contact information.
– Notify you of user interactions such as but not limited to review and contact notifications.
– Respond to your queries or complaints.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, spam prevention and to verify your identity.
We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- In relation to user data that we have obtained about you during the ‘leave a review process’ on our site. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, IP address, website URL, image(s), review ratings and review texts. Handling this data also allows us to:
– Display this information in a public facing manner (such as a web page or API request).
– Notify you of interactions such as approval or rejection of your review.
– Notify you of user interactions such as reply notifications.
– Spam prevention.
We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- In relation to user data we may collect about you when you submit a contact form to a listing. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, IP address and contact texts. Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send your contact message and details to the listings contact email.
– Monitor the contact system for spam and abuse.
We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- In relation to Technical Date (that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, Data on length of visit to pages of our website, page views and navigation paths and details on the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the device you use to access our website). We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services to administer and protect our website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to allow us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide on our marketing strategy.
- In relation to your data we process in order to comply with legal requirements or as required by a Government authority, the process is necessary for compliance to a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- In relation to keeping records, this processing is either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to, or for our legitimate interests in responsible business operations or defending, pursuing or establishing a legal claim.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data which includes details about your race and ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful grounds for processing your personal data are either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may only send you email or text marketing communications if (i) You made a purchase form us or asked for information from us about our goods or services, (ii) You agree to receiving marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a Limited company, we may send you marketing communications without your consent. However, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
Before we share your marketing data with a third party for marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending marketing communications at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have unsubscribe buttons on the bottom of all our emails.
7. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and systems administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities or otherwise disclose your personal data.
- Third parties to whom we transfer or merge our assets with.
We require all third parties whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. DATA SECURITY
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. Including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at it’s amount, nature and sensitivity. Potential risk of harm for unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes if this can, be achieved by other means and requirements
For tax purposes the law requires up to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transactional data for 6 years after they stop
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
11. AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
12. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR DATA
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
13. SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
15. CONTACT DETAILS
Phoenix Media Solutions,
18 Lower Makinson Fold,
BL6 6PD United Kingdom